Video: Finding roots of biodiversity in evergreen tree
Shorea assamica, a species in the Dipterocarpus family under second-level national protection, is an evergreen tree with broad leaves and also the only species of the genus Shorea in China. Follow our journalist in this video to discover these plants and more in the Dipterocarpus rainforest in Yingjiang county, Southwest China's Yunnan province.
- Foreign experts hail nation's biodiversity heroes
- Finding roots of biodiversity in evergreen tree
- UN's COP15 kicks off in SW China's Kunming
- 600-year-old architectural complex draws prosperity to village
- Cybersecurity Week kicks off
- 'Shining light for medicine' in China turns 100