Video: Finding gibbons in the mist of Yunnan
The skywalker hoolock gibbon, an endangered species under top-level national protection in China, is the only ape named by Chinese scientists. It can be found in northern Myanmar as well as in China, where a small population with very limited distribution still lives. In this video, our journalist searches for traces of the hoolock gibbons by following their sounds in the Daniang mountains in Yingjiang county, Southwest China's Yunnan province.
- Finding gibbons in the mist of Yunnan
- China's biodiversity conservation, by the numbers
- Borders might open if vaccination target reached by early 2022
- Biodiversity enriched in Yellow River estuary
- Tibet makes progress on congenital heart disease
- Yangling Agrifair expands display, adds new sections